Links will open in a new tab or new window.
(If you know of a group or organization that should be added to this page, please send an email to CapeCodWomenforChange@gmail.com)
- Have an Impact: http://www.tellallyourfriends.org/ – Excellent aggregate website with contact information and action steps you can take for many important issues:
- Southern Poverty Law Center https://www.splcenter.org/
- GLAAD https://www.glaad.org/
- Standing on the side of love: https://www.standingonthesideoflove.org
- The NAACP: http://www.naacp.org http://www.capecodnaacp.com/
- Naral Prochoice America http://bit.ly/2f9mPgc
- ACLU http://bit.ly/2fNYnm6
- Planned Parenthood http://bit.ly/2ePIxuw (If you donate, consider doing it in Mike Pence’s name)
- National Women’s Law Center: http://nwlc.org/ The Center has worked for more than 40 years to protect and promote equality and opportunity for women and families. We champion policies and laws that help women and girls achieve their potential at every stage of their lives — at school, at work, at home, and in retirement. Our staff are committed advocates who take on the toughest challenges, especially for the most vulnerable women.
- Union of Concerned Scientists: http://www.ucsusa.org/ – Our scientists and engineers develop and implement innovative, practical solutions to some of our planet’s most pressing problems—from combating global warming and developing sustainable ways to feed, power, and transport ourselves, to fighting misinformation, advancing racial equity, and reducing the threat of nuclear war.
- BPW (Business and Professional Women): bpwusa.org -“Promotes equity for all women in the workplace through advocacy, education, and information.”
- The American Association of University Women (AAUW): http://www.aauw.org/ Advancing equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research. The American Association of University Women (AAUW) is the nation’s leading voice promoting equity and education for women and girls. Since our founding in 1881, AAUW members have examined and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day — educational, social, economic, and political.
Cape Cod women’s groups working on issues:
- Cape Cod and Islands Commission on the Status of Women: http://www.ccicsw.com/ T Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Cape-Cod-and-Islands-Commission-on-the-Status-of-Women-193324577354166/ The Cape Cod and Islands Commission on the Status of Women was enacted by law and established in 2009 to advance women toward full equity in all areas of life and to promote rights and opportunities for all women.
- Cape Women’s Coalition: https://capewomenscoalition.com/ Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/capewomenscoalition/ – Focuses on helping women become involved in municipal leadership from serving on town committees to running for local office, for example: selectman, councilor, school committee, finance committee, housing authority etc. (Great resource page for each town’s committees!)
- Falmouth SWIFT: SWIFT: Supporting Women in Financial Transition – Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Swift-Supporting-Women-in-Financial-Transition-1678407599141330/timeline – working to raise awareness of the needs of women aged 45 and older for information, educational opportunity, workforce training, housing and human services in order to make their lives now and in retirement more comfortable and economically secure.
- American Association of University Women (AAUW) https://capecod-ma.aauw.net/about/
Cape Cod groups working on issues
- The 350 Massachusetts for a Better Future: is building a powerful statewide social movement to confront the climate crisis, hold our politicians accountable and undermine the destructive influence of the fossil fuel industry. Our name comes from 350 parts per million — the safe level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. Contact Emily Kirkland, firstname.lastname@example.org – for information on local meetings. First meeting will be Wed, January 18, 7:00pm – 8:30pm, 539 South St, Hyannis, MA 02601, USA
- Falmouth No Place for Hate Committee: https://www.facebook.com/No-Place-for-Hate-Falmouth- 627822457318535/
- Look for your town’s Democratic Town Committee to work on campaigns!