GUNS: Action and Information
This page was published in 2018
Do you know what grades your Cape Cod or Plymouth Legislators get from the NRA and the MA NRA affiliate?
State legislation GUN legislation:
- CALL TO ACTION: Help pass the Red Flag bill that will protect us from guns in the wrong hands, email your state rep!
- Did you know 2 Cape and 4 Plymouth district state reps are trying to put guns in schools?
Maura Healey’s efforts to ban all copycat assault weapons in MA:
- Did your legislator sign this letter? These are the MA legislators who signed a letter opposing AG s decision to enforce laws banning assault weapons
- Federal Judge decision upholding MA assault weapon ban confirms that assault weapons, in all states, are NOT protected under the 2nd Amendment.
- The NRA filed a lawsuit against Maura Healey and the MA assault weapon ban; today the judge found in favor of US
- AG Maura Healey closed loopholes and enforced laws banning the sale of assault rifles in MA. The NRA is fighting back.
NRA and GOAL’s efforts:
- Inside the Decade-Long Russian Campaign to Infiltrate the NRA and Help Elect Trump
- MA NRA affiliate holding a women’s gun summit this weekend, co-sponsored by your tax dollars
Don’t let gun rights supporters tell you you don’t know what you are talking about when the subject is assault rifles:
- This article that was originally published in 2013 but is important if you want to understand the difference between a semi-automatic weapon and automatic weapons, and various terms thrown around and often misunderstood.
- And this article explains what these guns do to people and how, from the perspective of a doctor.
- AR-15 Inventor’s Family: This Was Meant to Be a Military Weapon
- After Virginia Tech shooting, gun violence still claims victims on college campuses
- Three Guns Accidentally Fired In Schools In One Week; At Least 29 Killed & 51 Injured at Schools in 2018
- Wayne LaPierre Wants Armed Guards at Schools. Columbine Had an Armed Guard.
- Why is the AR – 15 so lethal
- 2-Page Ad in The New York Times Calls Out NRA-Backed Members of Congress – this is a great list.