Links to resources open a new tab or window on your browser. If you know of a resource that should be added here, please send an email with the name and link and we will add it the next time we update this page.
For a list with detailed contact lists of human services download this document (pdf).
- Homelessness in the US: Sleep Study and Accommodation Directory: It’s difficult to sleep if you don’t have a home. It’s especially difficult to sleep deeply when you have no way to secure your personal belongings and you’re worried about your personal safety.
- Barnstable County Assistance Programs:http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html/barnstable_county_assistance_p.html The CACCI agency is one of the many community action agencies located across Massachusetts. They continue to serve families and individuals in the local community. Some of the resources and services they provide include helping clients obtain food stamps, they can apply for and refer people to fuel and heating assistance programs, offer free health care, help people with medical bills, and offer free child care; the agency can provide free food and clothing through its emergency pantry, Missie’s Closet; and they also offer general counseling and advice.
- WE CAN — Women’s Empowerment through Cape Area Networking: www.wecancenter.org/
- HELPING OUR WOMEN: https://helpingourwomen.org/ HOW’s mission is to educate, empower and support women living in the Lower and Outer Cape towns of Eastham, Wellfleet, Truro and Provincetown as they cope with chronic disease and life threatening illnesses.
- Cape Cod PFLAG: – http://www.pflagcapecod.org/ Whether you are a parent, family member, friend, ally
or member of the LGBTQ community, PFLAG is here to provide you support, information, and a platform for advocacy.
Domestic Violence Shelters and Resources:
If you are in danger call 911 or contact your town’s police department listed here: https://capecodwomenforchange.com/cape-cod-police
- Independence House, Inc: independencehouse.org Independence House is the only comprehensive community-based organization on Cape Cod providing free and confidential specialized services and widespread programs for adults, teens and children (ages 6 and up) who are survivors of, or affected by domestic and sexual violence. All Independence House staff meet the statutory requirements of The Massachusetts General Laws (MGL Chapter 233, Sections 20J and 20K). Downloadable resources via Independent House: http://independencehouse.org/resources/#downloadable-resources
- Safe Harbor: http://www.cacci.cc/safe-harbor.html Safe Harbor is a safe and secure family shelter for Emergency Assistance for eligible women and their children who are homeless due to domestic violence. Safe Harbor, which is funded by the Massachusetts Department of Housing and Community Development and private contributions, can accommodate up to 20 families.
- Cape Cod Shelter and Domestic Violence Services: http://www.capecodshelter.org/ CCSDVS, (formerly the Cape Cod Center for Women), is the only 24-hour, 7-day-a-week confidential domestic violence emergency shelter serving Cape Cod, Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket. CCSDVS is dedicated to providing quality programs and services to individuals and families fleeing violence or abuse. Our compassionate community of staff, volunteers and supporters assist individuals and families in leaving a violent environment and transitioning to independent living, fully connected to a network of community support and with a lifelong safety plan.
- Elder Abuse Hotline (after business hours) 800-922-2275
- Barnstable Housing Authority: www.barnstablehousing.org/
- Dennis Housing Authority: http://www.dennishousing.org/
- Yarmouth Housing Authority: www.yarmouthhousingauthority.com/
- Falmouth Housing Trust: http://falmouthhousingtrust.org/housing-referrals/available-units/
- Mashpee Housing Authority: http://www.mashpeehousing.org
- Sandwich Housing Authority: http://www.sandwichhousingauthority.org/
- HAC Rental Listings (sign up) http://www.haconcapecod.org/all-cape-rental-listings-download-today
- Bourne Housing Authority – no website listed – phone:(508) 563-7485
- Harwich Housing Authority: http://www.harwich-ma.gov/harwich-housing-authority
- Brewster Housing Authority http://brewster-ma.gov/departments-mainmenu-26/housing-authority
- Wareham Housing Authority – no website listed – phone: (508) 295-8031
- Housing Assistance Corp (HAC)Cape Cod: http://www.haconcapecod.org/ HAC offers a continuum of housing services and solutions that evolve with the changing needs of the community. HAC provides emergency shelter and homelessness prevention assistance for individuals and families; Administration of the largest housing subsidy in our region; Family self-sufficiency and employment services.HAC educates, trains and counsels with HAC’s consumer education department; weatherizes and conducts energy rehabs for low-income and market-rate properties; developes affordable housing for seniors, families and individuals; and provides an opportunity to become a homeowner with a full-service nonprofit real estate office. We serve people of all ages, races, ethnicity and income levels.
Services and Information For Senior Citizens:
- Social Security information: socialsecurity.gov
- Elder Services of Cape Cod and the Islands: escci.org local offices:
- South Dennis: 800-244-4630
- Upper Cape:508-563-5966
- Martha’s Vineyard: 508-693-4393
- Nantucket: 508-228-4647
- Massachusetts Elder Services Statewide Resources: 800-243-4636 800ageinfo.com
- Elder Abuse Hotline (after business hours) 800-922-2275
Job-seekers on Cape Cod:
- 50+ Job Seekers Group: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/unemployed-over-50-check-out-group-william-lippincott – Cape classes held in Barnstable.
- The Cape and Islands Workforce Investment Board (C&I WIB) www.ciwib.org is a regional, private sector led agency responsible for overseeing all publicly funded vocational education and training programs serving the entire Cape and the Islands of Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket . The CIWIB is organized as a private non-profit 501 (c) 3 corporation, formed to carry out the mandates of the federal Workforce Investment Act of 1998. This work is conducted under the guidance of leaders from the private, public, and non profit sectors.
- CAREER OPPORTUNITIES: capejobs.com – is an activity of the Cape & Islands Workforce Investment Board and a collaborative of three agencies: the Job Training & Employment Corporation (JTEC), Division of Career Services (DCS) and Division of Unemployment Assistance (DUA). It is funded in part by the Department of Labor, Department of Education, Department of Transitional Assistance and Barnstable County.
- ES Mature Workers Program: escci.org/maturework.htm
- Women’s Bureau US Department of Labor: https://www.dol.gov/wb/-The Women’s Bureau was created by law in 1920 to formulate standards and policies to promote the welfare of wage-earning women, improve their working conditions, increase their efficiency, and advance their opportunities for profitable employment.