State Representative Timothy Whelan gets high grades from the NRA
State Representative Tim Whelan (R) was elected as State Representative for the MA First Barnstable District in 2014.
His NRA/GOAL grades have gone up each year in response to his sponsoring an supporting legislation to loosen gun laws and to add more gun freedoms.
During the current legislative session he has sponsored several pieces of legislation supported by GOAL and the NRA, including this legislation.
He is one of the Cape’s legislators who signed a letter opposing Maura Healey’s enforcement of the MA assault weapon ban.
Grades to date:
- 2016-2017 Gun Owners’ Action League – Positions 100%
- 2016 Gun Owners’ Action League – Positions 100%
- 2016 National Rifle Association – Candidate Positions on Gun Rights 50%
- 2014-2015 Gun Owners’ Action League – Positions 64%
More about this issue on our website:
- These are the MA legislators who signed a letter opposing AGs decision to enforce laws banning assault weapons
- Cape Cod and Islands state legislator contacts
- The NRA filed a lawsuit against Maura Healey and the MA assault weapon ban; today, the judge found in favor of US
- AG Maura Healey closed loopholes and enforced laws banning the sale of assault rifles in MA. The NRA is fighting back.
- Photos of Marches and Events
- Did you know 2 Cape and 4 Plymouth district state reps are trying to put guns in schools?
- Boycott the NRA, who to contact and how
- Cape Cod’s State Senator and State Rep’s NRA and gun groups grades and endorsements
- Calls to Action – A Pep Talk! (updated)
See an error, typo, broken link etc? Send us an email
To sign up to receive an email when a new post goes up on our website click on the “follow this website” button on the right.
To sign up for our newsletter, fill out this form.