Cape Cod’s State Senator and State Rep’s NRA and gun groups grades and endorsements
2018: At this point none of our State Reps and Senators have applied for endorsement with the MA affiliate of the NRA, GOAL. Perhaps as the local and national conversation has turned towards more sensible gun control. But, several incumbents signed a letter opposing Maura Healey’s enforcement of the assault weapon ban, see who signed in this post.
Do you know what grades your State Senator or State Representative has received from the NRA and/or Gun Owner’s Action League?
None of our legislators applied for an endorsement from GOAL this year. Probably a good choice!
Not sure who your Rep or Senator is? Check here.
Cape Cod and Islands Senators:
- Julian Cyr: State Senator Julian Cyr gets a zero grade and NO endorsement from the NRA
- Vinny deMecado: State Senator Vinny deMacedo receives excellent grades and an endorsement from the NRA
Cape and Islands House Representatives:
- David Viera: State Representative David Viera gets excellent grades and an endorsement from the NRA
- Dylan Fernandes: State Representative Dylan Fernandes has a zero grade and NO endorsement from the NRA
- Randy Hunt: State Representative Randy Hunt receives excellent grades and an endorsement from the NRA
- Will Crocker: State Representative William Crocker is new but already has a 64% grade from the NRA and will definitely see an increase
- Tim Whelan: State Representative Timothy Whelan gets high grades from the NRA
- Sarah Peake: State Representative Sarah Peake gets mixed grades from the NRA and no endorsement
See our full page on Guns.