CALLS TO ACTION: What you can do NOW!
We are done with calls to action for this session.
FIRST VOTE! There are all sorts of posts and pages with information about candidates and issues here on this website about the election. VOTE BLUE and bring a friend or two!
Check back here January 2019 as we get back into legislative advocacy.
In 2017, even before the inauguration or the Women’s Marches in DC and all over the country, our voices were needed to speak up and speak out, opposing numerous actions being taken by the new 115th Congress. This need continues.
As we move through the legislative process at the state level, our voices are needed to support and oppose state legislation. A phone call is the best way to make your voice heard at the state level, but, if you aren’t comfortable making a call, an email is also a direct correspondence. Social media and petitions don’t have as much impact as direct contact when it comes to addressing specific legislation.
We must speak up and speak out NOW. We can’t wait.
How? What can you do? Contact your own legislator. If the issue is a local issue, contact your selectmen/women or councilor. If it’s a state issue, contact your state legislator. If it’s a national (congressional) issue contact your congressman/woman and both senators representing your state.
If you are advocating for or against a piece of legislation, give them the name of the legislation and the numbers, if you have it. We provide you with details in our posts. Remind them that they represent you and you are contacting them because the issue is important to you.
If you’ve never done this before or need a pep talk read this.
Explore this website; there are many resources here for you.
The following are some of the issues and actions to date there always be more, so check back here and on our home page, and signup to receive updates when new posts are added to this website by “following this website” using the link in the right column.
ACTIVE (and “still active”)
- VOTE! And check here for the next session’s calls to action!
- Boycott the NRA, who to contact and how
- Volunteers needed! Help ‘Cape and Islands Vote’ register people to vote
- CALL TO ACTION: Help protect immigrants in MA – the vote is Tuesday May 22
- CALL TO ACTION: Help pass the Red Flag bill that will protect us from guns in the wrong hands, email your state rep!
- Call to Action: Call for Safe Communities on Monday!
- Call to Action: Tell MA legislators to prevent young women from becoming “Child Brides!”
- CALL TO ACTION – Healthy Youth Sex Education Bill – contact your state legislato
- Call to Action! Ask your state legislators to support bill creating a Housing Court on Cape Cod
- Call to Action: Immigration in MA, tell your legislator and the governor to support ‘The Safe Communities Act’
- Call to Action: Tell Governor Baker to protect MA immigrants from discriminatory federal policy
- Call to Action: Trump’s tax returns, why we need them, who is protecting them, and what we can do
- Call to Action: Send letters of Support for MA Safe Communities Act (killed in committee)
- Call to Action! Please send letters of support for Housing Court to State Budget Committee (passed via budget)
- Call to Action: Support the Safe Communities Act in Brewster, Dennis and Eastham
- Urgent Call to Action: Please submit letters to support Housing Court bill
- UPDATE – The House passed their version of the AHCA, then it failed in the senate. Congress and Trump have taken to slashing services by cutting funding and individual programs one by one. Now what? VOTE in the 2018 elections so we can take control of congress away from CALL TO ACTION: Save healthcare or yes, people will die, unnecessarily
- CALL TO ACTION: Scott Pruitt confirmation hearing EPA – nightmare for the environment
- Call to Action: Help Senate Democrats defeat the Betsy DeVos confirmation!
- UPDATED URGENT Call to Action: Breaking News – Jeff Sessions Confirmation hearing takes on a new meaning.
- Call to Action: Tom Price, confirmation hearing HHS, amid questions of insider trading
- CALL TO ACTION: Scott Pruitt EPA – nightmare for the environment
- CALL TO ACTION : Betsy DeVos, Education Secretary Conf Hearing, bad for our children!
- CALL TO ACTION – SAVE HEALTHCARE/ACA/OBAMACARE
- CALL TO ACTION: Tell Congress NO to Rex Tillerson Committee will vote Monday Jan. 23, 2017
- Call to Action: Make calls, tell legislature to oppose Jeff Sessions!
- Call to Action: Sexual Health Lobby Day A great opportunity to learn about lobby and take part in Boston!
- CALL TO ACTION: Speaker Ryan declares plans to defund Planned Parenthood as well as repeal the ACA. What YOU can do.
- CALL TO ACTION: A quick call and you can tell Speaker Ryan how you feel about repealing healthcare!
(If you see errors or omissions please contact CapeCodWomenforChange@gmail.com)
Sign up to receive posts by email with the link in the right column.
Help us keep this movement growing with a donation to Cape Cod Women for Change. Every little bit helps!