Even before the inauguration or the Women’s Marches in DC and all over the country, our voices were needed to speak up, and speak out, opposing numerous actions being taken by the new 115th Congress. This need will continue until 2018.
And now, as we move through the legislative process at the state level, our voices are needed to support and oppose state legislation. A phone call is the best way to make your voice heard at the state level. If you aren’t comfortable making a call, an email is second best. Social media and petitions don’t have as much impact as direct contact.
We must speak up and speak out NOW. We can’t wait.
How? What can you do? We will continue to be needed to make calls, send emails, tweet and leave Facebook messages for Federal, State and Local Legislators. Advice from many is to only contact your own representative.
This is different. What is happening in Washington and in Massachusetts right now, may also mean a call or message to committee members is necessary. Committees can design bills or decide if bills move forward or are killed. When committee contact is important, we include that information in our Calls to Action.
Contacting your own legislators is important regardless of the progress of legislation. Your state or federal legislator can help advocate for or against a bill in a committee.
If you’ve never done this before or need a pep talk read this.
The following are some of the issues and actions to date there will be more, soon.
ACTIVE (and “still active”)
- CALL TO ACTION! SAVE healthcare – STOP Trumpcare – what YOU can do, NOW
- Call to Action: Send letters of support for Paid Family and Medical Leave!
- Call to Action: Call for Safe Communities on Monday!
- Call to Action: Tell MA legislators to prevent young women from becoming “Child Brides!”
- CALL TO ACTION – Healthy Youth Sex Education Bill – contact your state legislators
- Call to Action! Ask your state legislators to support bill creating a Housing Court on Cape Cod
- Call to Action: Immigration in MA, tell your legislator and the governor to support ‘The Safe Communities Act’
- Call to Action: Tell Governor Baker to protect MA immigrants from discriminatory federal policy
- UPDATE – The House passed their version of the AHCA, it is now up to the Senate. We must remain vigilant and ready to act. CALL TO ACTION: Save healthcare or yes, people will die, unnecessarily
VOTED (both past and passed)
- Call to Action: Send letters of Support for MA Safe Communities Act
- Call to Action! Please send letters of support for Housing Court to State Budget Committee
- Call to Action: Support the Safe Communities Act in Brewster, Dennis and Eastham
- Urgent Call to Action: Please submit letters to support Housing Court bill
- CALL TO ACTION: Scott Pruitt confirmation hearing EPA – nightmare for the environment
- Call to Action: Help Senate Democrats defeat the Betsy DeVos confirmation!
- UPDATED URGENT Call to Action: Breaking News – Jeff Sessions Confirmation hearing takes on a new meaning.
- Call to Action: Tom Price, confirmation hearing HHS, amid questions of insider trading
- CALL TO ACTION: Scott Pruitt EPA – nightmare for the environment
- CALL TO ACTION : Betsy DeVos, Education Secretary Conf Hearing, bad for our children!
- CALL TO ACTION – SAVE HEALTHCARE/ACA/OBAMACARE
- CALL TO ACTION: Tell Congress NO to Rex Tillerson Committee will vote Monday Jan. 23, 2017
- Call to Action: Make calls, tell legislature to oppose Jeff Sessions!
- Call to Action: Sexual Health Lobby Day A great opportunity to learn about lobby and take part in Boston!
- CALL TO ACTION: Speaker Ryan declares plans to defund Planned Parenthood as well as repeal the ACA. What YOU can do.
- CALL TO ACTION: A quick call and you can tell Speaker Ryan how you feel about repealing healthcare!