REMINDER: Sexual Health Lobby Day, Jan 17 at the MA State House to Listen, Learn and Lobby!
We have a small group heading to the State House Thursday. If you are a PerSister who follows us and have already made plans to go, please let us know so we can meet you there!
Cape Cod Women for Change is a cosponsor of Sexual Health Lobby Day this year, joining the list of advocacy groups below. To join us, please register here and send an email to: CapeCodWomenforChange@gmail.com so we can make arrangements to carpool or meet you there if you are making your own arrangements.
It is important to note, you do not need advocacy experience to join this event!
Thursday, JANUARY 17, from 10:00 to 2:00 PM at the MA State House on Beacon Hill.
About Lobby Day:
The 2018 election results sent a clear message: Massachusetts voters expect their elected leaders to prioritize our health and our rights. When the Massachusetts State House kicks off its new legislative session next month, it will do so with the largest pro-reproductive health majority in recent history. We tirelessly advocated for these candidates to become lawmakers, now is our time to hold them accountable.
At Lobby Day, advocates from across the state will come together to declare: access to sexual and reproductive health care is a basic human right. The day will begin with a tabling fair and short speaking program to get you fired up, followed by a training to prepare you to hold effective conversations with your lawmakers.
Then we’ll send you off to meet with your state representative and senator to advocate for:
- A new bill to boldly and proactively expand access to safe, legal abortion
- Legislation that expands access to comprehensive sex education
- Funding for Massachusetts family planning, teen pregnancy prevention, and HIV/AIDS prevention programs.
The training is designed for all levels of advocacy and is part of this event.
We will be a cosponsor along with:
- Planned Parenthood Advocacy Fund of Massachusetts
- NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts
- ACLU of Massachusetts
- Boston Area Rape Crisis Center
- Boston GLOW
- Boston University Reproductive Health and Policy Advocates\
- Cambridge Commission on the Status of Women
- Jane Doe, Inc.
- JANE Fund of Central Massachusetts
- Keshet, League of Women Voters
- March Forward Massachusetts Action Fund
- Massachusetts Commission on LGBTQ Youth
- Mass NOW, Massachusetts Women’s Political Caucus
- National Association of Social Workers – Massachusetts
- North Shore Alliance for GLBTQ Youth
- Physicians for Reproductive Health
- Our Bodies Ourselves
We are not booking a bus for this event, but will be helping with carpool arrangements. If you would like to drive, please let us know.
If you are already planning to attend and want to join us at our table, please let us know.
This is important work, past events have been so successful. We believe this is the perfect start to this legislative session.
(If you see errors or omissions please contact CapeCodWomenforChange@gmail.com)
Sign up for our newsletter here.
Sign up to receive posts by email with the link in the right column.
Help us keep this movement growing with a donation to Cape Cod Women for Change.
Every little bit helps!