Share your New Year’s message with Women’s March organizers!
If you have time at the last minute and can take on a creative project due tomorrow (I learned about this, this morning…)
Greetings from the Women’s March on Washington social media team!
Next Sunday, January 1st, we would like to kick off the new year by showing the world that the Women’s March is truly a worldwide movement. We’ll be using Instagram Stories to connect marches and marchers from across the globe through a series of video clips. In order to do this we’re calling on YOU to make and submit a special Women’s March New Year’s greeting in which you’ll stand in front of a landmark in your city or town holding a #WomensMarch sign and wishing “Happy New Year from [city/town/country]!”
Here are some guidelines for the video submissions:
- Hold up a #WomensMarch sign, it should say “#WomensMarch” somewhere on it, but feel free to decorate/capitalize/format it however you’d like. Just have fun with it!
- The video must be under 10 seconds and shot on portrait/vertical mode.
In it we’re looking for you to say “Happy New Year from [insert city, town or country name]!”
- In addition to the video clips we also encourage you to take photos using a similar format (in front of a recognizable landmark with a #WomensMarch sign).
- Please email your clips and a maximum of 3 photos to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “New Years Instagram Story: [insert city/country name]”. In your email please also include your personal Instagram handle and that of the march group you’re affiliated with.
- The deadline to submit is Thursday, December 29th, 4pm EST.